Against the Grain




This week an exhibition featuring my documentary work opened at the New End Gallery in Hampstead, North London (their previous exhibition showcased the work of the famous photographer Storm Thorgerson who has shot dozens of infamous album covers for everyone from Pink Floyd to Muse). 

The title of the exhibition was Against the Grain; it featured several experienced London portrait photographers who look through the lens with a ‘different’ eye.

For the opening night I spent a rare evening without my camera round my neck and an event photographer hired for the evening grabbed this fun shot of me. I had the best night; it was a truly wonderful experience seeing lots of people enjoying (I hope!) and discussing my photos.


You can see one of my prints on the wall behind me, a photograph taken at the London Notting Hill Carnival.